Stay on Top of Program-Level Reporting, and Stay In Compliance
Program-level reporting is often the most challenging reporting requirement for schools because it requires the most detailed tracking. Keeping track of which programs or credentials individual students are pursuing – and keeping that information updated as students change their plans midstream – can be complicated.
According to the NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide, the following types of information need to be included in program-level reporting:
- Student Social Security number (SSN)
- Office of Postsecondary Education Identification (OPE ID) number
- Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code
- Credential Level
- Published Program Length
- Published Program Length Measurement
- Weeks in Title IV Academic Year
- Program Begin Date
- Special Program Indicator
- Program Enrollment Status
- Program Enrollment Effective Date
Two Reasons Program-Level Reporting Is Important
- Student loan eligibility: Under the 150 percent rule, students must complete a program within 150 percent of its intended length. If it’s a four-year program, for example, the student must complete it within six years. The student is not eligible for subsidized loans after the 150-percent mark. If students take longer, they are only eligible for unsubsidized loans.
- Compliance: Correct program-level reporting is critical for schools to stay in compliance. Make sure that both the program length and program length measurement are accurate. Reporting accurately can have a positive impact on the NSLDS statistics, keeping schools above the 90 percent threshold.
Program-level reporting can be a challenge, but the Clearinghouse is here to help. Through our Compliance Central staff, we can support schools as they work to comply with program-level reporting requirements.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Clearinghouse at 703.742.4200 (select options #7, #4) or email@example.com.
We also invite you to “Join the Journey” as the Clearinghouse gets a head start on our 25th anniversary as your trusted partner in 2018 with an academic year filled with new events, services, and more.