What You Need to Know About Viewing and Fixing Errors
The Clearinghouse Data Flow for NSLDS SSCR Error File Processing
Our SSCR error correction functionality enables you to log onto our secure site so you can:
- See which students have SSCR errors and the associated error description
- Understand how to fix the errors
- Have greater control of how to correct the errors online
Your SSCR Errors Action Guide
First, it’s important for you to know that NSLDS made a major change to the SSCR Error process in late 2016. According to the NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide, published in November 2016, schools are now required to correct errors on their SSCR Error Report within 10 business days vs. respond to the report within 10 days. The latest NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Guide, published in November of 2017, also requires the correction of SSCR errors within 10 days. You can read more about compliance reporting requirements on our blog.
Here are some steps you can take to help you better understand and resolve SSCR errors.
- You can read more about compliance reporting requirements on our blog.
- Sign up on our Clearinghouse Academy site for our live webinars on SSCR error resolution (as well as the other useful webinars that are also available) or one of our free in-person “Clearinghouse Academy in Your Neighborhood” events, when we come to your area.
- Watch one of our on-demand webinars on SSCR error resolution available on our Clearinghouse Academy site.
- Watch our short tutorial on using our SSCR Error Correction functionality.
- For help while using our SSCR Error Correction functionality, read our frequently asked questions and error code definitions. We have also prepared an FAQs on the NSLDS Enrollment Reporting Statistics Page that provides key summary-level information about the data fields and calculations.
- Contact us with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I fix errors online?
How soon should I submit SSCR error corrections?
Who can make SSCR error corrections?
- Discover the Clearinghouse: The Evolving Enrollment Compliance Reporting Landscape
- Enrollment Reporting Error Resolution on the Web – Beginner
- Enrollment Reporting Error Resolution on the Web – Intermediate/Advanced
- Holding Hands: Maximizing Your Compliance and Enrollment Reporting
- Meet & Beat the NSLDS 90% Threshold Effective Partnership Between Financial Aid & Registrar Offices
- SSCR Error Resolution on the Web Series: Errors 22 and 38
- SSCR Error Resolution on the Web Series: Errors 30, 32, 69, 77, 78 and 79
Read our NSLDS Error Code 75 updates related to FSA’s recent changes regarding how data is ingested through the NSLDS Roster response process.
Learn about FSA’s recent changes regarding how data is ingested through the NSLDS Roster response process.
Our new EDI file intake enhancement helps ensure students are reported and accounted for properly.
Take our short survey to tell us the types of Enrollment Reporting analytics reports you’d like to see.
Update on the October 2017 enrollment rosters, which were not sent by NSLDS.
The Clearinghouse has identified approximately 700 institutions for whom the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) did not send an October enrollment roster.
Today’s students often attend multiple institutions or locations. Here’s how your institution should report a student’s primary location code.
The Clearinghouse recently identified a discrepancy that caused the “Move To” field NOT to be transmitted to National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
As a part of your compliance reporting service, the National Student Clearinghouse responds to NSLDS on your behalf, providing up-to-date information on your students, who have been identified as possible Title IV Aid or Direct Loan recipients.
Our new online SSCR Error Correction system is now live!
The Clearinghouse has updated the way you view and correct errors on your SSCR Error Reports.
NSLDS released an updated enrollment reporting guide in November.
Follow the Latest NSLDS Guidelines to Correctly Report Published Program Length Measurements and Begin Dates
In NSLDS Newsletter #55, FSA announced a series of new error codes to improve the accuracy of program-level reporting. Learn more.